Thursday, June 16, 2011

AWESOME, Part II

Read First:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/eye-on-emmy-glee-chris-colfer-spoiler/


So...I have a confession to make. I'm in love. MADLY IN LOVE. With Chris Colfer. Not only is his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on Glee the most spellbounding and heartwarming portrayal of gay youth I've ever seen, but it's honest, and he's so humble.

Yes, he's very dramatic on a comedy show. (Hello?! High school is full of drama!)

And I hope and pray that the TV gods will not only nominate him for yet another Emmy, but grant him the win this year. Why?

Easy. Go Watch "Grilled Cheesus," the Glee episode in which Kurt's dad has a heart attack. If Chris doesn't make you cry, break your heart, and then make you cheer, all in the same hour, then YOU. OFFICIALLY. HAVE. NO. SOUL.



In other words, douchebag Republicans need not apply.

(only kidding...)


(only slightly...)


I know people claim that Kurt is too stereotypical, but so the fuck what? Listen...stereotypes exist for a reason. Yes, sometimes they're cruel and mean, depending on who is portraying them, but sometimes, just sometimes, they exist because PEOPLE LIKE THAT EXIST.

I've known people like Kurt Hummel, and I am PROUD to know them. I don't have a problem with flamboyant, over the top gays. Because I am secure in my own identity, and am proud that these people I know are secure in their own identity.

The only people who have a problem with "flaming gays," in my experience, anyway, are those who have a problem with themselves. Not necessarily that they're gay, just that they have their own issues they should be worrying about before they start telling someone else how to act.

So, let it be, folks. Just...let it be. If you don't like it, leave the room, but don't you dare tell someone else to. THAT is not your right. Stand up to intolerance. Stand up to bigotry. Stand up to indifference. Whatever you do, just...STAND UP.

But don't stand against expression. Don't stand for discrimination. Don't stand for low self esteem, simply because YOU don't care for it.





So, there's that...

No comments:

Post a Comment