Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm Ready! Ready for the big ride....baby!

Ahem. Please click links below, then come back and read.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/rick-perry-gay-marriage-pledge_n_938054.html?ref=fb&src=sp[/url]

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/13/1006527/-LADIES-AND-GENTS-THE-REAL-RICK-PERRY[/url]

[url]http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/10/241830/top-10-thing-texas-gov-rick-perry/[/url]

[url]http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/08/25/Why_Rick_Perry_Should_Worry_About_Equating_Homosexuality_to_Alcoholism/[/url]

[url]http://www.baywindows.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=glbt&sc2=news&sc3&id=123772[/url]


I am so sick and tired of conservatives, Republicans, Fundamentalist Christians, and so-called commentators ramrodding the bible, or jesus, or god, down the public's throat. I have to admit, they're good at it, but I'm so sick and tired of it.

For the LAST. FUCKING. TIME. ---NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE CHRISTIAN. NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE RIGHT WING NUTJOBS. And most importantly, NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE STUPID!!!

Now, to my christian friends, I must apologize in advance, because while this diatribe may seem directed towards you, it is, in fact, not. It is only directed towards those in the public/political eye who appear to claim self righteousness as a God-fearing Christian, when really all they're spouting is their own personal hatred and bigotry.

I haven't been REALLY involved in politics since the election of 2004, when I was campaigning for Howard Dean, and then John Kerry, when he won the nomination. Even in 2008, while I voted for Obama, and spoke highly of him and respected both him and Hillary Clinton, I stayed in the background.

Well, the vacation's over. Because I have NEVER been spurred into action more than by the candidacy of Rick Perry.

I am a PROUD Texan, born and raised. I LOVE MY STATE. I LOVE MOST PEOPLE IN MY STATE. But don't even think I'm gonna let some bumfuck redneck with a great coif of hair prove every Texas-hating and Texas-bashing moron that he speaks for ALL OF US. Because, Governor Perry, YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME.

The above links are articles and opinions on Rick Perry, and others in the GOP who feel that verbally bashing gay people (and I'm including EVERYONE that could possibly fit into our nice little alphabet soup) is okay because "it's what I believe" or "it says in the bible..."

Well, guess what. I believe in a few things, too. Like...The US Constitution. Which says you can say whatever you want, whenever you want, and the GOVERNMENT can do nothing to you (albeit notwithstanding a few court cases to amend the first amendment), but remember, that means I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT, TOO.

And here it is...

Rick Perry...you are the sick, diseases pustule on the asscrack of American Bigots.

You may preach your biblical views, and you may espouse your hatred and bigotry, but don't think for a minute I will stand for it without putting up a fight.

You are the saddest excuse for a governor, or a leader of any kind, that I have ever had the displeasure of living under. And that includes your predecessor as both governor, and president.

You are a hypocrite, a bigot, and worst of all, an ASSHOLE.

These Republicans, conservatives, far right wingers continue to abuse and neglect not just gay people, but their own constituents, their own voting public.

I am not naive to think that there's ever been a completely honest politician. What I am is an optimist that someone, somewhere, down the road, if not today, will stand up for what is right, and what is truly sacred in this country---FREEDOM.

You, Mr. Perry, have spoken openly before about wanting to secede from the union. And now you want to run this same union? This makes no sense to me.

It's time the Democrats, or liberals, or anyone opposing the Republicans, take a lesson from their book. GET IN PEOPLE'S FACES. TEAR THEM APART.

This ain't the kindergarten playground anymore. This is the BIG BOY'S CLUB.

So, President Obama, you had better go and find your balls, wherever John Boehner and whoever have put them in a jar, because everything Rick Perry says are what we here in Texas refer to as "fightin' words."

IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK FOR OUR FREEDOM. IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK FOR OUR RIGHTS. IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST HATRED, BIGOTRY, RACISM, HOMOPHOBIA, MISOGYNY, AND WHATEVER IT'S CALLED WHEN YOU HATE ATHEISTS.

BECAUSE SOME ATHEISTS ARE AMERICAN, TOO. Just like you, Rick. JUST. LIKE. YOU.

You may wonder why I'm so vocal and adamant now. It's simple. I'm tired of being treated like shit. I'm tired of being asked out on a date by the popular jock, who I believed never knew I existed, who then proceeds to feel up my dress and rip off my panties all the while i'm screaming "NO!"

THIS IS AMERICA, AND THIS IS MY HOME, TOO. And I will not let you take it over with your legions of misguided, and yes, sometimes stupid and ignorant CULT that feels the need to defend their bigotry and racism and homophobia with lies and half truths and complete and utter BULLSHIT.

So let this be a lesson to you, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, and others...

I WILL FIGHT. And while I may not win...I'm a Texan. I sure as FUCK won't give up.

Because...

YOU. DO. NOT. SPEAK. FOR. ME.

4 comments:

  1. Mike,


    Fair enough. Maybe I went a little too far in my name-calling, but you know how I get when I get mad.

    As for actual quotes, read the second paragraph here...

    http://swampland.time.com/2011/08/24/perry-compared-homosexuality-to-alcoholism-in-2008-book/

    And as for his stance on certain issues, here:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/rick-perry-gay-marriage_n_938125.html



    The reason you differ from him (even though I have a feeling he's your current pick of the GOP crop) is that you, I know, are a decent, God-fearing, God-LOVING human being. And maybe I'm biased, but you've also been there for me more than anybody, even when it troubled you to do so.

    Rick Perry has done nothing for me, or my community. Granted, you don't march in pride parades or anything, but you're at least open to having an openly gay best friend.

    Somehow, I think that if Rick Perry even had any openly gay friends, he could count them on one hand. And if you can count your friends of a certain group (be it religion, race, orientation, or otherwise) with an exact number...that just says bigot to me.

    And yes, I knew you'd have to respond. I was hoping I had curtailed any possible resentment, however, by explaining that I direct NONE of these anger-filled rants against ANY of my personal friends. Because I know when I go on my anti-Christian rants, I tend to paint all Christians with a wide brush, and I never intended to do that.

    So, let me take this moment to also apologize if anything I've said or written in recent months ever offended you. I would NEVER put you in the same category as some of the hate filled fundamentalist and so called "men of God" that I rail against here or on Facebook.

    That being said...this is MY blog, and I will call someone out if I feel like it. If they're allowed to call me a sinner, or a fag, or a deviant, or compare to me an ACTUAL disease such as alcoholism, then I have every right to call them a bigoted asshole.

    (And on a lighter note, I once saw the TV show Bullshit! with Penn & Teller, and in their first episode, they made the point that calling people liars and crooks could lead to lawsuits of libel or slander, calling them a f^#@ing asshole is fair game. It's a legal loophole I'm VERY willing to take advantage of).

    PPS--Yes, it's the whole "two wrongs don't make a right," but LET ME RANT!! At least for a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. You're free to say whatever you like about people here... short of libel, I guess. And I know you were explicitly distancing me from what you were saying, and I thank you for that.

    My main complaint is how QUICKLY you assume that someone is motivated by hatred (something you have no way of knowing) rather than the tenets of their faith, or the common good, or (more skeptically) money and votes. I would hope that you could admit that someone could believe (passionately) that marriage is only between a man and a woman without them being motivated by hate. Telling someone the truth is an act of love.

    As for the alcoholism simile, it seems to me the main point of this is that a predisposition towards anything (alcohol consumption, promiscuity, violence, sex with members of the same sex) does NOT force anyone to act a certain way. We are all agents of our own lives. I think that point is spot on -- ignoring the distinction of alcoholism as a disease and same-sex attraction as not-a-disease. I'm curious if there's any objective criteria among psychologists making this distinction. Personality-related "diseases" seem to stretch the definition of disease pretty far if you ask me.

    As for me and gay friends, if I count friends-of-friends who I've spent any significant time with, I MIGHT get up to 5 or 6 so I think I'm still failing your bigot test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and as far as my political leanings, I think I am behind Rick Perry at the moment, if only to get him out of the Governor's Mansion. Seriously, I've voted AGAINST him more times than anyone else. Friedman in '06, Hutchinson in '10.

    Bachmann's got the crazy eyes, Romney's a non-Christian (and I'm not prepared to vote for the first non-Christian president). Cain is pretty interesting, but probably too far outside of the mainstream. Assuming the corruption charges on dailykos are mainly trumped up, he should be electable. If not, I suspect he'll fizzle and Bachmann will lose the general election, cuz like I said. Crazy Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first point--

    telling someone marriage is between a man and woman is not hateful. sorry if it sounded like i was saying that. but telling two loving ADULT, people, REGARDLESS of their gender, that they can't get married BY LAW (man's law, not God's law), is discrimination, which I see as bigotry, and therefore, hatred.

    and you don't fail my bigot test, because i know you, and you are a kind, decent (albeit misguided) person (j/k--don't get in a tizzy).

    and while you may not have a lot of gay friends, you are open to their friendship, and you have always been there for me, even if you didn't agree with it.

    if you can recall, as i'm sure you can, you were opposed to me ever even exploring my sexuality, or living my life openly at one point. and look how far you've come from that. i'm still working on you. one day, i WILL make you a liberal. i might have to use mind control and mood-altering drugs, but it will happen, dammit. (again, only kidding)--mostly.

    and you should know by now that romney wouldn't be the first non-christian president. maybe in our lifetime, but there were a couple back in the day who didn't exactly subscribe to one identified religion, or faith. (and that's not one of my weird presidential trivia things---that's written, historical fact.) just don't make me prove it, because then i'll have to go and edit wikipedia, and that's too much effort.

    ReplyDelete